Obtaining a puppy from Sidestreet is an organic process that does not involve checking boxes on a form. We want to get to know you and the environment the puppy will be living in. We stand behind our dogs for life and want to remain a support for them forever.
Information about our dogs and puppies:
* All parents are fully health tested.
For Bostons, this means; BAER hearing test, annual CAER eye exams, OFA patella clearance, JC DNA testing, OFA cardiac clearance.
For Pugs, this means: Annual CAER eye exams, OFA patellas, hips, spine and trachea, PDE DNA testing, OFA cardiac clearance.
* All puppies are guaranteed for life against genetic disease.
* All puppies are sold on AKC limited registration with a spay/neuter contract at an appropriate age. We do not sell puppies to show or breeding homes.
* All puppies are sold with the requirement that they must be returned to us if, for any reason and at any time, you cannot keep them.
* All puppies are vaccinated to an age appropriate level and go to their new homes at 12 weeks old. We strongly recommend following your veterinarian’s vaccination schedule. We vaccinate for DAPP at 8, 12, and 16 weeks. Our adult dogs are vaccinated for leptospirosis and lyme disease as well as Rabies per law.
* All puppies are microchipped and Sidestreet is the secondary contact on the microchip.
* All puppies come with one month of Trupanion insurance. We strongly recommend insurance for your puppy; the peace of mind and benefits are worth it.
* We use flea, tick, and heartworm prevention monthly and recommend all puppies remain on this for life.
* Our adult dogs are fed Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20 and puppies are weaned onto Hill’s Science Diet Small Breed ; we advise against feeding grain free diets due to the link between grain free diets and dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM).
Information about obtaining a puppy:
* We often have a waiting list; it can take 1-2 years from initial contact for a puppy to become available. We breed first and foremost for the goals of our breeding program. Decisions about puppies are not made until 8-10 weeks of age. Patience is a must!
* If you are interested in learning more about being put on the waiting list, please send an email for current breeding plans and we can start the discussion.
* We do not place adult dogs except in rare cases to close friends and family. Our dogs are our companions and we do not part with them.
* We determine, together, the right puppy for your situation. This is an organic process and we come to the decision together after many conversations and visits. You will not be “picking” your puppy.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and if you are interested in being considered for a puppy from a future litter.